Department of Ultrasound and Color Doppler
|Dept. Timings||24 hrs|
|List of Consultants||Dr. Pawan Singh|
The department has one color Doppler machines .The department is involved in supporting most of the specialties for the accurate diagnosis.
The cases which are routinely done are as follows:
- Routine ultrasound which includes Abdomen, KUB , Prostate etc.
- Small parts ultrasound i.e. thyroid, orbit, neck, chest, scrotum, breast etc.
- Obstetrics which includes ist timester, 2nd trimester (anomaly scan) and 3rd trimester ultrasounds, level 2/3 ultrasounds and fetal echocardiography.
- Gynaecological ultrasound which includes transabdominal and transvaginal assessment of pelvic organs.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound for shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, hip, ankle etc.
The procedures routinely performed are:
- Pleural tap ( diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Ascitic tap( diagnostic and therapeutic)
Predominantly bedside procedures for pleural and ascetic tapping is done by portable ultrasound in the ward as well as in the ICUs.